To try and combat the never ending list I have decided to dedicate at least one day a week to reminding myself what books are on that list by sharing with you guys.
Here is an update on my TBR pile. I have finished Fangirl and Carry On (reviews coming). I have started Nyxia Unleashed as I was trying to complete it before its release date yesterday and am almost there.
I also completed two short stories, “Letter to the End of the Twentieth Century” and “The Demon Barker on Wheat Street.” This week was a bit overwhelming because it’s the second to last week for my summer school students. That means piles of papers to grade. I snuck in a short story by Kevin Hearne and read it with my kids. Is that cheating?
Since it was a long week I did not get to any articles or essays. I did find more to add to my list though. That’s how it goes with TBR piles, right?
Top 10 TBR Novels
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
- The Hazel Wood by Mellisa Albert
Nyxia Unleashed by Scott Reintgen – ARC
- Teach Like a Pirate by David Burgess – (warning teacher book)
- Antler Jenny and the Raven by Chris Dews
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
Top 5 TBR Short Stories & Novellas
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones
“Letter from the End of the Twentieth Century” by Joy Haro
- “My Life with the Wave” by Octavio Paz
- “The Fog Horn” by Ray Bradbury
- “The Water That Falls on You from Nowhere” by John Chu
ADDED: “The Demon Barker on Wheat Street” by Kevin Hearne
Top 5 TBR Articles and Essays
- Abuelita Epistemologies: Counteracting Subtractive Schools in American Education
by Sandra M. Gonzales
- Black Retribution in Tech: The Audacity to Imagine by Kortney Ziegler
- How Fictional Apocalypses Reveal and Soother Our Greatest Fears by S.E. Smith
- Dear Men: It’s You, Too by Roxane Gay
- Making Independent Reading Work by Sharmila Lele
What about you? Have you managed to read any books on your TBR list or did you succumb to the new release or new book gotta-haves? Do we share any of the same books on our TBR list?