To try and combat the never ending list I have decided to dedicate at least one day a week to reminding myself what books are on that list by sharing with you guys.
Since returning from my hiatus a month ago, I have read 7 novels and 3 short stories from my TBR list. Not so great on the short story side but the success in novels probably has something to do with that. Deciding that my TBR list needed to be updated, I have done just that. It is very satisfying to cross books off my TBR list and this weekly post is one of the best ideas I came up with.
This week I have added some books that have been on my TBR list for some time now, including a series by Maggie Stiefvater. The Wolves of Mercy Falls series has been a series that I have wanted to read but newer brighter books have distracted me for some time. I have picked up the books from my local bookstore and plan to get this series read in the next few weeks. Wish me luck!
Let me know if any of the new books added to this list match anything on your TBR list. If not what do you recommend I add to my own list?
Top 10 TBR Novels (plus 2 more to complete a series)
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez
- The Hazel Wood by Mellisa Albert
- Antler Jenny and the Raven by Chris Dews
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- The Point by John Dixon
- Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
I made a decision earlier in the week to not track my essays and articles. I have something else in mind for them and found I need more motivation than I have. However, I did boost my TBR list for short stories and novellas from 5 to 10. Most short stories or something I picked up on Amazon. This week I began searching for a few more and found myself in the downward spiral into oblivion that is the internet. To say I got a little caught up is an understatement. But that means I now have a giant TBR list and close to 30 short stories downloaded on my Kindle. That’s not a bad thing, right?
Top 10 TBR Short Stories & Novellas
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones
- “First Touch: A Paranormal Suspense Story” by Teyla Branton
- “Pandora” by Michael Robertson (bonus story found in Eden)
- “Immortals: a ‘Trusting Darkness'” short story by Eva Fairwald
- “Evolution” by Paul Bryce
- “Seeds of Foreverland” by Tony Bertauski
- “Earth’s Knot” by Katie Deann
- “Tomorrow Is Today” by Julie Cross
- “Live from the Continuing Explosion” by Simon Kewin
- “Control” by Tom Wright
How do you work through your TBR pile? Please share in the comments below!